News updates

Check out the Reference Links Page!

First time bloggers: check out the "First Time Bloggers" page!



Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trip Evaluation - Please Respond

Greetings Footsteps Family!

As I mentioned earlier – I’m including a trip evaluation that will help me tremendously in planning future trips. This is the first time that I did not use a US Travel Agent – and I must say that even though it’s a lot more work, we had a much better trip doing it the way that we did.

Of the issues that I am aware of at this time – here’s my initial list of what works / what needs improvement, etc.:

What needs improvement:
• If at all possible, don’t travel through Madrid! What a nightmare going over and back through there. The extra security on the way home was so frustrating, as we’d already been screened in Athens. I also think that the airport personnel / baggage handlers were responsible for the bags that were lost on the way over and on the way back.
• I need to add $50 to the original ticket quote for our airline tickets – and then refund if we don’t need it. I didn’t like having to ask for the additional $38 to cover added fuel cost.
• It would be helpful to find a travel insurance company that would give us a group quote for future trips, so that we don’t have to research each policy separately.
• Even though I asked multiple times about having A/C as well as non-smoking rooms, I will need to include a line-item in my contract with the land operator that specifically guarantees us these amenities – with penalties if things are not in order as planned.
• If we provide the daypacks / drawstring bags, get some that are more substantial. I am sure that the reason they fell apart is that they were not designed for heavy objects – but that was not stated in their description. I apologize for the poor quality, but at $4 each, I guess we can’t expect much…
• Additional details:

What worked:
• Name badges with emergency contact info inside. Next time, I’ll also include a hotel list with phone numbers.
• Personalized luggage tags and specialized ribbon for everyone’s suitcases.
• Providing a specialized journal (thanks again, Vicki!!)
• Dale’s idea of the blog was awesome. It would be a great idea for future trips – to post the info I sent out along the way, etc. Next time, we can get people more involved earlier on – so we can get more bloggers.
• Additional details:

I would like to hear from each participant separately, if possible, instead of responding as a couple, family, etc. I think each individual has something unique to share and a unique perspective…

If you would prefer to respond anonymously, just print out the questions on a separate sheet and bring /mail it to the church
@ Frisco Bible Church; 8000 Sanctuary Dr.; Frisco, TX 75034

Thanks so much!!
Susan

Survey


1. Did you use the booklet that Wayne wrote to prepare for the trip? Did you bring it with you?


2. How did you grow spiritually?


3. What scriptural insights did you gain?


4. Did you enjoy the trip?


5. What would you change?


6. Do you feel that you got your money’s worth?


7. Considering the aggressive schedule, would you change anything? (Fewer days, fewer sites during the day, more free time, not start our day so early, etc.)?


8. Obviously, we couldn’t predict the heat wave, but would you have been open to travel during March / April to avoid some of the heat – even if it meant the possibility of more rain?


9. How would you rate the food?


10. How would you rate the buses?


11. How would you rate the cruise?


12. How would you rate the accommodations? Would you have been willing to pay more for even nicer accommodations, or do you prefer keeping the cost as low as possible as long as the accommodations are clean / safe with decent food, etc.?


13. How would you rate the info meetings?


14. Would you like to travel with All The Difference in the future?


15. If so, where would you like to go next? I have not done any extended planning – but I would like to know your thoughts on the following destinations. I had some initial thoughts on this, but the more I consider it, there’s so many options out there and they all sound great.
• Reformation Tour: Germany, France, & Switzerland
• British Reformation Tour: England / Scotland / Ireland
• Italy: Rome, Florence, Venice, Amalfi Coast, Pompeii
• Italy: Rome, Venice, Florence & Mediterranean Cruise
• The Exodus: Footsteps of Moses – Egypt / Jordan
• Israel / Jordan – including Jerash & Petra
• Egypt / Jordan – Cairo, Valley of the Kings, Alexandria, Luxor, Karnak with Petra
• Egypt / Cairo, Alexandria, Valley of the Kings, Luxor, Karnak, Goshen, Nile Cruise
• Trip + some kind of a 3-4 night cruise
• Cruise ONLY – such as a Mediterranean Cruise.


16. What is the ideal time of year you would like to travel? (Much will be determined by the destination)


17. What duration is your ideal trip?


18. Finally, are there any Saturdays in September that you are not available for a picture party / reunion?

3 comments:

  1. you should have gotten this via e-mail - which it may be easier to respond that way. Just wanted to post it here as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to everyone for a wonderful trip. I felt totally safe and know several of you were watching after me and included me so I did not feel left out. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful group to travel with and to worship with and to call my friends. I had a wonderful time and look forward to picture sharing party. Rex and James will get a much broader picture of the sites and sounds of Greece and Turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,a few Q from M&D :)
    How to print out the evaluation Questions? OR how to write answers on-line? Sorry we haven't attempted either yet.
    Also: Would love to see the group photos.
    re: September Gathering on Saturday: NOT 9/18 please if possible,as granddaughter and daughter have ice skating competitions

    ReplyDelete