News updates

Check out the Reference Links Page!

First time bloggers: check out the "First Time Bloggers" page!



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 2 Technical Difficulties

I had lots of problems getting on the Internet from my iPad in the airports and at the hotel. This happened at DFW, Athens, and the hotel Capsis. The symptom is that the iPad would appear to connect but would hang on the login screen. I tried resetting the network, powering down (by holding the top button until the power-off slider, and then sliding), and finally a hard boot (by holding top and center button). After the hard boot, I found that there should have been a pop-up screen that was not coming up to remember the login info. Once I got past that screen, things worked better, but the Internet signal was weak at the 'desk' area. I moved over to the bed and things worked MUCH better.

The other thing I forgot was to reset the time manually on the iPad and the camera.

Update at end of Day 3: Well, the iPad was having problems again tonight. I found a setting for "save usernames and passwords" and turned that off and bingo I was on no problem. Let's see if it stays fixed...

No comments:

Post a Comment