News updates

Check out the Reference Links Page!

First time bloggers: check out the "First Time Bloggers" page!



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Trip Insurance

Greetings All,

Just wanted to forward these links again for those with questions on Travel Insurance. 

I became concerned when I saw the volcano delays from the eruption in Iceland – which hopefully will be all settled down by then – but just in case, I’m getting insurance!  If you haven’t heard, this volcano in Iceland has caused the worst travel delays and interruptions in history (during peace time).  http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/04/19/iceland.volcano.developments/?hpt=T2 

I have just gotten a quote for the 3 of us traveling (me, my husband, and my 12 yr. old son).  There were different levels of travel insurance, but just for an example, I was able to get Travel Guard’s “Adventure Travel Protection” for all 3 of us at a total cost of $345.  It covers Travel Delay after 5 hours (the cheapest one was after 12 hours – at a cost of $288 for all 3 of us).  The other coverages are listed below, in case you’re interested.  I’ll also list the links again (from the big e-mail I sent out before).  Remember, if you already have medical insurance, make sure you know the coverages for overseas travel – and you might want to supplement it before our trip.

NOTE:  I listed the trip deposit as “Feb. 1st” and when it asks if you still have payments, I selected “yes”… because technically, the tips and extra excursion payments aren’t due until the end of the month. 

Go to the website http://www.travelinsurancereview.net/reviews/  and at the upper right there is a blue button that says “Get a Quote”.  That will give you lots of rates.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me:  972-377-3884.

Blessings,
Susan
Trip Insurance
·         After working with our tour operator, it seems that the best option for trip insurance would be for you to do that individually.  There are many companies that provide this – and I have some brochures from one company, Travel Guard.  I tried to become an “agent” so that we could get the group discount, but they said I’d have to be licensed, spend lots of cash, etc., in order to get the wholesale price.  In the end, it’s just not worth it, as it wouldn’t save us much, if any.  Below are some websites for travel insurance:
·         Consolidator – get quotes (and reviews) at one website:  http://www.travelinsurancereview.net/reviews/
o   Individual Companies:
§  TravelEX  www.Travelex-Insurance.com
§  Travel Insured  www.TravelInsured.com
§  Access America  http://www.accessamerica.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment